Where: The Trusts Arena – Auckland
Where: Wainui Reserve – Raglan
Full line up and announcements to follow!
Where: Thirsty Dog
With: Surrey Boudit & Dubhead
Doors 8.30pm, first act 9.30pm
$10 – $15 with EP
Where: Fast Eddie’s – Level 1, 125 Manners Street, Wellington
No cover, 9pm till late.
Featuring Te Kupu and Wiya of Upper Hutt Posse alongside Winston Spliff and Papa Levi.
Live dancehall, reggae, and dub toasting in a sound system style.
Where: Neck of the Woods – 155B K-Road, Auckland
$5 before 11pm, $10 after
Where: Loop – 23 Meyers Place, Melbourne
$10 on the door
NiceUp is proud to present the Australasian premier screening of Escape To St Croix, the first documentary, about the culture, history and Rastafari roots reggae movement of the Virgin Islands.
The night will start with the film screening followed by music into the late hours by:
* System Unknown Selectors – Operator Andy, Major Delay & Roots Radikals.
* Two of New Zealand’s finest, Rebel Bass & Hawk I (NiceUp).
* And Jesse I, (PBS FM/Chantdown Sound) playing a very special all Virgin Island reggae set.
Big thanks to ReggaeScape for producing this documentary and allowing the screening to happen.
UK ragga jungle badman, Jacky Murda, hits Australasia for the first time! Co-founder of ragga jungle collective and label, Chopstick Dubplate, who combine classic with new, bringing together foundation dub techniques and reggae with modern jungle and ruff tuff vibes!
- Melbourne – Thursday 21 May @ Grumpy’s – MPE Promotions
- Sydney – Friday 22 May @ Jam Gallery – Foreigndub & Inner West Reggae Disco Machine
- Byron Bay – Saturday 23 May @ Woodys – Heavy Stereo
- Wellington – Saturday 30 May @ San Fran – NiceUp 10 Year Birthday
- Auckland – Sunday 31 May @ Ponsonby Social Club – Nuff Said
- Christchurch – Saturday 6 June @ Dux Live – Bass Factory Sound System (more…)
Where: Dux Live – 363 Lincoln Road, Addington, Christchurch
Bass Factory Sound System – Gooba & Messenjah
9pm start, $15 on the door
Where: Ponsonby Social Club – 152 Ponsonby Road, Auckland
Jacky Murda is part of London Jungle collective Chopstick Dubplate and we are lucky enough to have him in Auckland this Queens birthday weekend. With no work on Monday the lovely folks at Ponsonby SocialClub are staying open till 3am for a proper ragga jungle rinseout!
In support we have reggae don ‘Hawk I’ alongside 2 Junglists who have been spinning the amen since way back in the day. Tommy Flowers & Tobi Jafa.
Free entry and sounds running from 8pm
Where: San Fran – 171 Cuba Street, Wellington
9pm start, $10 before 11pm, $15 after
Come celebrate 10 years of NiceUp!
Killa line-up of UK ragga jungle don, Jacky Murda! Live hip-hop crew, Raw Collective! And heavyweight selectas Hawk I, Winston Spliff, Shaw Shot, DDog and DJ Jaz!