They say – ‘2012 has been an amazing year for us with some great new vinyl on our own Tuffa Dubs label, as well as working with various producers worldwide. We have also been fortunate to get bookings around Europe and also have a fantastic tour of Mexico.
Here is a little preview of our favourite tunes from other producers that we play regularly in our sets. Some of them have been already released, others are still to come out. Have a look at what Riddim Tuffa play in the dance.’
1. OBF & Pupajim – Rub a Dub Anthem (Unreleased Dubplate)
This one is in nearly every set we have played in the past twelve months. It is a wicked re-fix by the French dub masters OBF, and Pupajim’s incredible vocal make this tune the number one in our list, heavyweight styles!
2. Conscious Sounds & Diegojah – Bubblin Style (Downbeat Records)
This one came out just a few months back but we have been rocking it for nearly a whole year. It includes a wicked riddim from Dougie Conscious, and Diegojahs vocals are on top form! Highly recommended if you like to set the dancefloor on fire.
3. 7ft Soundsystem & U Roy – Come Fi Warn Dem Refix (Free Download)
This is a nice re-fix of the classic tune from U Roy. It is an absolute party banger, digital forward!
4. Digital Dubs & YT – Sound System Culture (Muzamba records)
One of the most recent tunes in our set. The rootsy track from Digital Dubs outta Brazil is an absolute killa and the amazing vocal by YT is straight up niceness. This is what sound system culture is about!
5. Subactive Sound System & El Fata – Rocking in a Frontline (Scotch Bonnet – Jan 2013)
One of the tunes we can’t stop listening to is Subactive’s first release with our good friend El Fata. We have rinsed this one for a long time and now it will be available on Scotch Bonnet Records as 12″ vinyl. Must have!
6. Poirer & Face-T ft. Mikey Dangerous – We Rule The Area / Dreadsquad Remix (Dub Avenue)
The Dreadsquad crew have been releasing some super tunes in the last few years and this remix is the top a di top. The wicked bassline and stripped down riddim work perfectly with Face T’s vocal, boom tune!
7. Inspirational Sounds & El Fata – Original Soundboy (Inspirational Records)
Another wicked track from El Fata in a soundboy style produced by Bradford-based Inspirational Sounds. This massive digi stepper track is on heavy rotation all over the UK by sounds like Iration Steppas! Soundboy fi dead 😉
8. Stand High Patrol – Dub It (Stand High Records)
The Stand High crew always come with their own twist and the track ‘Dub It’ from the ‘Midnight Walkers’ album is an example of this. The skanking vibes and ground shaking bassline will rock any session. Dub a Dub style!
9. Gorgon Sound – Find Jah Way (Peng Records)
Bristol-based producer duo Gorgon Sound pulled out their first release last year and it couldn’t be better than this. This Massive electronic dubwise tune with a sample from the well know film “Babylon” make it one of the best in 2012. Come with Dubkasm dub mix on side B.
10. Mungo’s Hi Fi & Afrikan Simba ft. Dixie Peach – Leave the Oil Alone (Scotch Bonnet)
There can’t be a top 10 without Mungo’s. With the same riddim (Billie Jean) as the Charlie P tune ‘Skidip’, this is the choice of every good selecta.
Riddim Tuffa website