UK ragga jungle badman, Jacky Murda, hits Australasia for the first time! Co-founder of ragga jungle collective and label, Chopstick Dubplate, who combine classic with new, bringing together foundation dub techniques and reggae with modern jungle and ruff tuff vibes!
- Melbourne – Thursday 21 May @ Grumpy’s – MPE Promotions
- Sydney – Friday 22 May @ Jam Gallery – Foreigndub & Inner West Reggae Disco Machine
- Byron Bay – Saturday 23 May @ Woodys – Heavy Stereo
- Wellington – Saturday 30 May @ San Fran – NiceUp 10 Year Birthday
- Auckland – Sunday 31 May @ Ponsonby Social Club – Nuff Said
- Christchurch – Saturday 6 June @ Dux Live – Bass Factory Sound System
International jungle collective and label, Chopstick Dubplate have kick-started the ragga jungle revival. Consisting of of Jacky Murda, Tuffist, Max Powa and Aries, the crew are known for their trademark vocal jungle sound, iconic 10” vinyl releases and live PA’s, frequently featuring Cheshire Cat, Demolition Man, Top Cat, Mr. Williamz, Daddy Freddy and YT.
With shows featuring both old and new material, you can expect to hear tunes from the new ‘Chopstick in Wonderland’ EP featuring Cheshire Cat and the forthcoming ‘Tonight’ EP featuring appearances by Mr. Williamz, Nanci Correia, Daddy Freddy and Eccleton Jarret.
Expect plenty of wicked dubs from original Chopstick vocalist Demolition Man. Favourites like last years ‘Worldwide Traveller’ with Mr. Williamz and Top Cat alongside classic Chopstick killers like ‘Buddy Bye’ with Johnny Osbourne, “One Sound” featuring Jr. Reid, and ‘Soundboy Gone’ featuring Jah Mason.
Recent Chopstick productions include Nanci & Phoebe’s debut single “Notorious”, Congo Natty’s “Get Ready” and “Jah Sunshine”, remixes for Mad Professor’s Ariwa Records, Mungo’s HiFi, Dreadsquad, Moonshine Recordings, Run Tingz Recordings, Dirty Dubsters and production of the forthcoming Tenor Fly full length “Born Again” on Congo Natty Bass.